Top-Notch Proofreading Services of All Kinds
Completing an academic writing assignment is not a bed of roses. It’s often a hard, demanding task taking several hours (if not days or even weeks) of your life. So, the first wish you experience after the final sentence of the conclusion is written is to close the laptop and never return to that text again. You have spent too much time crafting those sentences and making the structure flow, so why get back to it again? And in most cases, you hurry up to submit the paper to your supervisor. You know what happens next?
Your paper may indeed be good, but it may be not. The likelihood that your supervisor will praise its content but will reduce the grade for poor mechanics, typos, and punctuation errors is very high! How not to let that happen? Unfortunately, there is only one answer to this question, and you’ll hate it – the solution is in proofreading.
Professional proofreading of any text involves its close reading for the sake of identifying errors and misprints that you as a writer could have missed when being obsessed by rendering your thoughts more than observing the writing mechanics. The proofreading process normally involves checking the paper for:
- Proper capitalization
- Correct use of singular and plural forms of nouns
- The use of possessives
- The presence of double negatives
That’s only a small share of what you should watch out for when reading your text again and again. Sounds pretty daunting, doesn’t it? And what if we say that there is a magical solution to your problem? By using our editing and proofreading services, you may forget about the dull hours of proofreading your texts forever. With our professional assistance and utmost attention to all details, your texts will always be perfectly polished. Become the tutor’s favorite with flawless essays and research papers – that’s very easy with careful proofreading and editing done by homeworkontime.com!
How to Proofread a Text Properly?
If you want to polish your text on your own, then we have a couple of useful recommendations as to how to make this process quicker and more effective. Our seasoned professionals working with texts on a daily basis share their secrets of high productivity and thorough text checks:
- Taking a pause is vital. It’s no use starting to proofread the text at once after you completed writing it. Take some time (ideally a night of good sleep) and then get back to the text. In such a way, you will be able to look at it in a detached way, seeing all typos and imperfections.
- Concentrate on the task. Proofreading and editing demand meticulous attention to detail and an immersion into the text. Thus, it might be tough to complete a high-quality check in a crowded place or on the go.
- Read the document backward. This method is the most effective for detecting minor typos and problems. In this way, you concentrate not on the content of the text (which inevitably happens if you read it as usual) but on the content of every separate sentence.
- Print the document and circle all punctuation marks. The process of doing that manual circling enables you to have a look at each punctuation mark and decide whether it is appropriately used in the text. However, this does not help much with missing punctuation, so make sure to double-check for this issue as well.
- Don’t rely blindly on spellcheckers and online grammar checkers. These programs may indeed be helpful to a certain extent, but they are machines and do not understand the intricacies of the human language completely. So, the checker may point out some mistakes that you do not regard as mistakes while missing some real errors in the text.
Why Order Proofreading from Us?
Proofreading and editing, as you see, is a hard endeavor that not every student is ready to forgo. Once all the pain of writing is left behind, you may wish to forget about the challenge as soon as possible instead of rereading the text several times with attention to detail. That’s natural, and we offer a solution to everyone sick and tired of writing, unable to go through the further torture of polishing the paper’s draft to perfection. Just send us a note, “proofread my paper,” and our qualified editors will start working on your task right away. Contact our managers to discuss order details, and you will be fascinated to see how quickly and effectively we may improve your paper with meticulous attention to all aspects of grammar, style, content, and structure. Get only the highest grades at your school with our expert proofreaders covering you up!
What to Expect from an Online Proofreading Service?
Using the expert tips given above, you can achieve a significant improvement of any of your texts. However, at times you might experience a severe lack of time preventing you from making the proofreading thoroughly and attentively. Why not order the service from a proofreading website then? There’s nothing wrong about asking a qualified professional to look at your text from a detached viewpoint of an outsider and to pinpoint problematic areas you might not notice. As soon as you order proofreading from us, you can receive the following types of service with a guarantee of quality and precision:
- Essay proofreading service
- Dissertation proofreading
- Research paper review
- Coursework proofreading
- Research proposal editing/proofreading
- Proofreading of academic articles, reports, and critiques
- In-depth editing of all kinds of papers.
When you order this service from us, you receive thorough grammar proofreading, an in-depth check of the text for typos and stylistic errors, as well as the review of sentence structure, flow, cohesion, and coherence. Our editors are highly experienced in providing the service of proofreading online, so you will always receive excellent texts from them within the estimated deadline.
Let’s figure out in a bit more detail what our editing and proofreading services involve.
Editing is a more in-depth process than proofreading, so it is a much longer process. When our writers edit your papers, they study the content of the assignment and check whether it corresponds to the initial requirements of the tutor. They also review the overall structure of the paper and make sure you have the appropriate parts such as an introduction and a conclusion, whether your paragraphs are of good size and content, whether you have transition and topic sentences, etc. Besides, an editor typically pays attention to the clarity of your expressions and style that you use to write. The final point of editor’s check is your citations – whether they are properly formatted in text and at the end, in the references.
Please keep in mind that proofreading is a final stage of the editing process, so it does not incorporate many aspects that editing involves. Thus, you should not expect an in-depth reading and edits of your text if you order proofreading only. An essay proofreader working with your text will study the paper for the following issues:
Though a dissertation is a much larger piece of work than an essay or a research paper normally is, proofreading of this type of an assignment traditionally involves the same aspects. The primary role of an editor from a professional proofreading service is to verify whether your text is devoid of punctuation and grammar errors, as well as typos that you might not notice in the process of writing. Some proofreaders also work extensively with the references by making sure that your citations in the text correspond to the required referencing style, and whether you have formatted all citations properly at the end of the dissertation.
Who Will Be My Online Proofreader?
Another issue that worries most clients is the personality and qualification of their proofreader. Since too many academic writing providers do not bother much about hiring highly qualified editors and use the cheap services of ESL speakers, the problem of quality proofreading is truly pressing. However, that’s not the case with homeworkontime.com, as we have a separate team of editors in our staff. They go through a distinct process of recruitment and testing for us to be sure about their qualification and ability to conduct careful proofreading up to par with the most rigid academic requirements.
When ordering the professional proofreading service here, you may always be sure that our editors:
- Possess a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Linguistics and have a thorough understanding of text fundamentals;
- Have a solid academic writing background and know what requirements a perfect assignment should meet;
- Dedicate enough time and effort to proofread your text to the dot;
- Will edit your text to remove wordiness, add conciseness, and improve the sentence structure.
These are the basics of adequate, professional proofreading that all our employees observe, so working with us, you can always count on the editing and proofreading service of the highest standard.