Ohio State University My Sisters Keeper Book Discussion Book Discussion Questions Assignment: My Sisters Keeper
Directions: You have 7 questions to answer. Answer all these questions in full sentences, using quotes from the book. If you are using an electronic version of the book, your citations can link to the chapter number instead of the page number. You MUST use information from the book and include citations for each question. Answer the questions as fully as possible, Use quotes to support answers
Book title: My Sister’s Keeper
1. Reread the prologue to My Sister’s Keeper. Who is the speaker? Is it the same person you thought it was the first time you read it? How did you determine who the speak is? Give an example from the book that leads you to recognize the speaker.
2. “My Sister’s Keeper” is told from many different viewpoints. Why do you think Jodi Picoult wrote it this way? How did hearing from each character change your opinions of them and of the situation? Which character did you connect with most? Explain and use a quote from the book that made you connect with that character.
3. Do you think that society would view Sara as a good mother? Why or why not? Do you sympathize with Sara? Why or why not? How do her choices affect the rest of the family? What does our society expect of mothers that make them either good mothers or bad mothers? For this last part reference at least one other reading from the course.
4. Discuss the consequences of the trial (other than the ruling). In what ways does it force the characters to deal with issues in their relationships? Explain this for the following relationships: 1- Sara and Brian, 2 – Anna and her parents, 3 – Julia and Campbell.
5. On page 98, Kate is being admitted to the hospital in very serious condition. She mouths to Jesse, “tell Anna,” but is unable to finish. What do you think she was trying to say and why was she trying to say it? Do this by completing the sentence that she could not and explain it. How does Jesse respond to the incomplete request?
6. On page 122, Julia says, “Even if the law says that no one is responsible for anyone else, helping someone who needs it is the right thing to do.” Who understood better how to “help” – Kate, Sara or Anna? How was the character that you selected better able to understand how to help? Give at least 2 quotes from the book that demonstrate this. Do you feel that the two characters that you did not choose were unhelpful? Why or why not?
7. Do you feel that it was unfair of Kate to ask Anna to refuse to donate a kidney, even though this seemed to be the only way for her to avoid the lifesaving transplant? Explain this in thinking about Kates desires and Annas. How did Anna respond to the request? Was this what you expected? Explain why or why not.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers