Houston Community College Xochitl Torres Small of New Mexico Paper here are the questions that needs to ne answered. (Xochitl Torres Small of New Mexico.) And I am leaving the links that might be helpful. Total pages will be 3 pages. You don’t have to write questions again answers will be enough.
–Differentiating between possessives and plurals and using apostrophes correctly: http://www.meredith.edu/grammar/plural.htm–Using apostrophes correctly: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe–Avoiding run-on sentences: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/runons.htm–Avoiding sentence fragments: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/fragments.h…–Using semicolons correctly: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon–Matching pronouns with their antecedents: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/pronouns.ht…–Using commas correctly: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp
1. Write a paragraph describing the personal, professional, and educational background of the representative before he or she entered Congress. Focus on the non-political aspects of the member’s life. In what ways is the representative you are studying typical of other members of the U.S. House? In what ways is he or she atypical? (The word atypical means not typical.) Base your judgment on the online profile of the membership of Congress found at the following Internet site: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45583.pdf. Keep in mind that this question focuses on the demographic, occupational, educational, religious, and career background of the member. It does NOT ask about issue positions, character, or motivations. (10 pts.)
2. Write a paragraph describing the representative’s political background. Identify the elected and appointed positions in government the person you are studying held before being elected to Congress. Identify the year the representative first won election to the U.S. House. Is he or she a career politician? What is the basis of your judgment? A career politician is someone who wishes to earn his or her living in the political arena for an extended period of time. (10 pts.)
3. Write a paragraph describing the district the member represents. Where is it located in the state? Does it include any towns? Is it part of a major city? Is it inner-city urban, suburban, small town, or rural? What issue or issues would you expect to be particularly important to the residents and interest groups found in the members district because of the nature of the district? Identify at least one issue and explain why it is particularly important in this congressional district, whereas it might not be as important in other districts. (10 pts.)
4. Write a paragraph discussing the representative’s committee assignments. On which standing congressional committees does the member serve? [Look up the term standing committee.] Is the representative the chair or ranking minority member of a committee? [Look up ranking minority member.] What sorts of policy issues does each of the standing committees address? Is the representative a member of any subcommittees? Does he/she play a leadership role by serving as a chair or ranking member of any committees or subcommittees? [Please note: Do NOT give me information about the members participation in congressional caucuses.] (10 pts.)
5. How much money did the representative raise for the 2018 election? How much did his or her main opponent raise? (If the database indicates that a challenger raised no money, it means just thatthe challenger raised no money.) The Center for Responsive Politics presents data on this issue at the following Internet address: www.opensecrets.org. Data can also be found at FEC.gov. What were the most important sources of the representatives campaign funds? Identify two or three important sources of funding. Did the candidate self-fund? (Click on the representatives name at the website and it opens up to provide detailed data. Also, you may find FEC.gov easier to use.)
6.What percentage of the vote did the representative receive in the 2018 election? Based on the results of the 2018 election and the data on fundraising, does it appear that this representative is firmly entrenched in Congress? (Entrenched means unlikely to be defeated for reelection anytime soon.) Why or why not? Is this typical for members of Congress in general? (10 pts.)
7. The Project Vote Smart website includes links to several interest groups that rate members of Congress based on their voting records. (If you arent sure what an interest group is, you should reread Chapter 10 of the textbook.) The group identifies a set of votes that it considers important and gives the member a score depending on whether the member supports the policy positions favored by the group. [A high score means that the member voted the way the interest group likes most of the time.] Select one of the groups (using the pull-down menu) and research its evaluation of the member of Congress you are studying. What group did you select? (Choose a specific group rather than a category of groups.) With what sorts of issues is the group concerned? Be specific. How does the group feel about the member of Congress you are studying? What score did the group give the member? Would you expect the group to consider him or her an ally, an enemy, or something in between? Discuss. (10 pts.)
8. The Project Vote Smart website includes a link to speeches and public statements of each representative. Review some of the recent speeches and public statements of the representative you are studying. Identify an issue on which the representative has recently focused. What is the issue? Why does the representative think it is important? What position has the representative taken? Do not just copy the statement of the representative. (10 pts.)
9. To which political party does the member of Congress belong? Based on his or her voting record, interest group evaluations, fundraising sources, and issue positions, would you say that he or she is typical or atypical of members of his or her party? The textbook discusses political parties in Chapter 9. Explain the reasoning behind your answer. Be specific. (10 pts.)
10. Do you admire the representative? Why or why not? Be specific. (10 pts.)
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers