CMR111 Primary Components of Management And Organizational Performance Exam finish the exam questiontotal 4 hours Name: ______________________________________
Final for CMR 111
1. (10 points) Please identify the four primary components of management and
briefly describe each component.
2. (5 points) What is organizational performance?
3. (5 points) Please describe leadership. What is the key attribute of a leader?
Please describe a few of the different powers a leader may have.
4. (5 points) What is collective bargaining? When may a mediator be used? What
are some of the important issues that may be bargained for during a negotiation
True or False Questions (1 point each)
4. Is efficiency a measure of how well or how productively resources are used to
achieve a goal? Circle True OR False
5. Is effectiveness the measure of appropriateness of the goals an organization is
pursuing to and the degree to which the organization achieves those goals? Circle
True OR False
6. Is a department a group of people who work together and possess similar skills or
use the same knowledge, tools, or techniques to perform their jobs? Circle True OR
7. Are human skills the ability to use a specific set of departmental skills, knowledge,
and experience that allows one organization to outperform another? Circle True OR
8. Are technical skills the job-specific and knowledge techniques required to
perform an organizational role? Circle True OR False
9. Is core competency the ability to understand, alter, lead, and control the behavior
of other individuals and groups? Circle True OR False
10. Is functional structure an organizational structure composed of all the
departments that an organization requires to produce goods or services? Circle True
11. Is authority an organizations chain of command, specifying the relative authority
of each manager? Circle True OR False
12. Is span of control is the number of subordinates who report directly to a
manger? Circle True OR False
13. Is Herzbergs motivator-hygiene theory a need theory that distinguishes
between motivator needs and hygiene needs and proposes that motivator needs
must be met for motivation and job satisfaction to be high? Circle True OR False
14. Is Maslows hierarchy of needs an arrangement of seven basic needs that,
according to Maslow, motivate behavior? Circle True OR False
15. Is initiating structure behavior that managers engage in to ensure that work gets
done, subordinates perform their jobs acceptably, and the organization is efficient
and effective? Circle True OR False
16. Is a friendship group an informal group composed of employees who dont agree
on many things and tend to avoid one another? Circle True OR False
17. Is group cohesiveness the degree to which members are attracted to or loyal to
their group? Circle True OR False
18. Is social loafing the tendency of individuals to put forth less effort when they
work in groups than when they work alone? Circle True OR False
19. Is strategic human resource management activities that managers engage in to
attract and retain employees and to ensure that they perform at a high level and
contribute to the accomplishment of organizational goals? Circle True OR False
20. Is equal employment opportunity (EEO) the equal right of all citizens to the
opportunity to obtain employment regardless of their gender, age, race, country of
origin, religion or disabilities? Circle True OR False
21. Is human resource planning activities that managers engage in to develop a pool
of qualified candidates for open positions? Circle True OR False
22. Is a lateral move a job change that entails no major changes in responsibility or
authority levels? Circle True OR False
Matching Questions (1 point each)
Please match the words/phrases with the following statements. ?There are 30
words listed below and 32 questions.? The two words you will need to know are
extra credit. If you get those right, you will get 2 points/each.
Classical decision-making model
23. What is the degree of probability that the possible outcomes of a particular
course of action will occur?
24. What is a set of specific and general forces that work together to integrate and
connect economic, political, and social systems across countries, cultures or
geographic regions so that nations become increasingly interdependent and similar?
25. What are moral principles or beliefs about what is right or wrong?
26. What comes in two forms: quid pro quo and hostile work environment?
27. What are not only an essential responsibility of managers but also an ethical and
a business imperative?
28. What comprises wide-ranging global economic, technological, sociocultural,
demographic, political, and legal forces that affect an organization and its task
29. What are enduring tendencies to feel, think, and act in certain ways? The Big
Five general traits are extraversion, negative affectivity, agreeableness,
conscientiousness, and openness to experience.
30. What is a collection of feelings and beliefs?
31. What is a personal conviction about modes of conduct?
32. What is the shared set of beliefs, expectations, values, norms, and work routines
that influence how members of an organization relate to one another and work
together to achieve organizational goals?
33. What is the difference among people due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion,
sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and capabilities/disabilities?
34. What is the set of forces and conditions that originate with global suppliers,
distributors, customers, and competitors and influence managers daily?
35. What is a personal conviction about lifelong goals or objectives?
36. What is a broad declaration of an organizations purpose?
37. What is a cluster of decisions about what goals to pursue, what actions to take,
and how to use resources to achieve goals?
38. What is a prescriptive approach to decision making based on the assumption
that the decision maker can identify and evaluate all possible alternatives and their
consequences and rationally choose the most appropriate course of action?
39. What is the most appropriate decision in light of what managers believe to be
the most desirable consequences for the organization?
40. What analysis is a planning exercise in which managers identify organizational
strengths (S) and weaknesses (W) and opportunities (O) and threats (T)?
41. What is the ability of the chief executive and top managers to convey a
compelling vision of what they want the organization to achieve to their
42. What is selling products at home that are made abroad?
43. What are performance gains that result when individuals and departments
coordinate their actions?
44. What is a formal system of task and reporting relationships that coordinates and
motivates organizational members so they work together to achieve organizational
45. Anything a person gets from a job or organization.
46. An enthusiastic, self-confident leader who is able to clearly communicate his or
her vision of how good things could be.
47. An informal group composed of employees seeking to achieve a common goal
related to their membership in an organization.
48. Shared guidelines or rules for behavior that most group members follow.
49. Building the knowledge and skills of an organizational members so they are
prepared to take on new responsibilities and challenges?
50. The degree to which a tool or test measures what it purports to measure?
51. A persons belief about his or her ability to perform a behavior successfully.
52. A team whose members rarely or never meet face-to-face but, rather, interact by
using various forms of information technology such as e-mail, computer networks,
telephone, fax, and videoconferences.
53. Leadership that motivates subordinates by rewarding them for high
performance and reprimanding them for low performance.
54. In expectancy theory, how desirable each of the outcomes available from a job
or organization is to a person?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers