Money and Banking discussion Answer these questions below use money&banking knowledges. Be sure its correct. Do not just simple copy from the internet.
1. What are the three main functions of money? Explain each function using the example of how cigarettes performed each function in the prisoner of war camp article. Which function is the most important and why?
2. Create an example of barter and explain the problem of the double coincidence of wants between two fictional people and two goods. Now introduce a third person and third good and show how this problem can possibly be resolved. What qualities would we expect to see in a good that emerges as a medium of exchange and why?
3. What is the difference between the direct financial market and the indirect financial market? Name some entities other than commercial banks that make up the indirect financial market. Why do you think the indirect financial still exists in the presence of a strong and well-developed direct financial market?
4. Explain the difference between stocks and bonds.
5. How is illiquidity different from insolvency? Show each scenario using two separate balance sheets for a commercial bank.
6. What is fractional reserve banking? Draw a balance sheet of a bank that engages in fractional reserve banking.
7. Explain the difference between commodity money and fiat money and provide examples of each.
8. Create an example involving 4 separate banks and 4 separate people that depicts the money creation process inherent in fractional reserve banking through balance sheets. Assume that the initial injection of cash worth $500 is made by the first person in the first bank and that each bank maintains a 10% reserve ratio.
9. Draw a balance sheet for New Bank, which started its first day of operations with $6 million in capital. A total of $100 million in checkable deposits is received. The bank makes a $25 million commercial loan and lends another $25 million in mortgage loans. Required reserves are 8%.
10.The bank you own has the following balance sheet: Reserves: 50 million, Deposits: $500 million, Bank Borrowings: $25 million, Securities: $125 million, Loans: $400 million. Draw a balance sheet for this bank and calculate this banks capital or equity. What is the reserve ratio that this bank keeps?
11. Explain the argument that asymmetric information between depositors and bank managers justifies the need for an institution such as the FDIC.
12. Explain the advantages or arguments for having an independent Central Bank.
13. Draw a graph that shows the distinct phases of the business cycle. Explain the main characteristics of the first phase or upswing of the business cycle.
14. What are open market operations? Explain how an open market purchase works. Now show the impact of an open market purchase of $500 million worth of bonds by the Fed on the balance sheets of the banking system. Assume a reserve ratio of 10%.
15. Now show the impact on the money supply of an open market sale by the Fed on the banking system worth $200 million, assume a reserve ratio of 8%.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers