I need support with this Psychology question so I can learn better.
150 words +
Give some insight to their response or maybe they missed some information.
Questions for the main discussion
1. Generally speaking, what pieces of information are applicants to graduate programs in psychology required to provide (e.g., academic information, standardized testing, recommendations, personal information, etc…)?
2. What are the costs for graduate programs? What types of financial aid are available? What are other options (e.g., merit fellowships, assistantships, outside employment)? How much debt do graduate students generally take on and does that vary based on degree (masters vs. doctoral) or program (e.g., Ph.D. vs. Psy.D.)?
3. What about accreditation? How important is it? How can prospective students differentiate between quality programs and programs that could actually hinder their chances for professional internships or future employment?
Below are my answers to the discussion questions.
1. Applying to graduate school calls for immediate dedication. You need a statement of purpose basically a letter bragging about your every accomplishments. Recommendation letters also boost your image.
2. There are tons of programs offered to veterans, dependents, and government civilians. Studentaid.gov and scholarships.com are just gateways towards grants and scholarships. Loans are not recommended but definitely an option. During the pandemic there are multiple programs being offered for free and courses. Students can average up to $82,000 of debt.
3. Accreditation is extremely important. You must make sure you’re not going through years of hard work and dedication; just for you not to be recognized. Do research, look for reviews. Speak to alumni if you have the opportunity. – Shalese
Applying for a graduate degree is a rather complex and confusing process. There are hundreds of schools across the United States alone to choose from each having a multitude of areas to specialize in. Inorder to get into a graduate program in psychology an applicant must present GRE scores, personal statements, letters of reference, and a resume detailing relevant academic and research experience. GRE is an acronym for General Record Examination. It is a standardized test used by many graduate schools to test an individuals Analytical writing, quantitative reasoning and verbal reasoning prior to admissions.
Depending on the graduate program and if the school being attended is public or private a student can expect to spend between $30,000 and $40,000 annually on tuition and fees. There are many ways to mitigate the costs of graduate school such as, working a part time job or going to school part time, attending a public school, or applying for grants and scholarships. Student loans can quickly rack up. If a student already has debt from an undergraduate degree the numbers only rise, not to mention taxes.
Accreditation is important because it certifies that an individual is receiving a higher quality of education and the school or program can be trusted. Knowing that a school is approved by a third-party evaluation system brings peace to the applicants who may worry about education standards. Attending accredited schools allows for students to have more financial aid opportunities, employer recognition, and it is easier to transfer credits. The type of program entered can either assist a student in excelling through their career or hold them back. Some programs are tailored for students wanting to pursue research jobs or proceed to a PH.D while others are designed to enhance other skills while not setting you up for an additional certification. – Cietera
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers