I’m stuck on a English question and need an explanation.
Your assignment is to read, in its entirety, the U.S. Supreme Court decision in KANSAS V. GLOVER, 589 U. S. ____ (2020) . Here’s the link to the decision: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/18-556_e1pf.pdf (Links to an external site.)
After reading this Supreme Court decision, answer each of the following questions in the order below.
Note: Cut and paste these questions and provide answers where appropriate.
Be sure to number your answers.
Here we go:
1) Which justice wrote the opinion of the Court? Who joined him/her?
2) The case is subtitled ON WRIT OF CERTIORARI TO THE SUPREME COURT OF KANSAS What is the meaning of “certiorari”?
3) Using your own words, give a summary of the underlying facts of the case answering these questions:
a)What was the underlying criminal charge?
b) What constitutional right did Glover claim was being violated? Include the exact constitutional language.
c) Why was Glover pulled over?
4) Why was the original case heard in state court?
5) What happened at the Kansas District Court, Court of Appeals and Kansas Supreme Court?
6) What reasoning did the Kansas Supreme Court give for its decision?
7) How did the case reach federal court?
8) The Court on page 3 of the majority decision cites Terry v. Ohio. In a few sentences, in your own words, what were the facts of that case? Just the facts:
9) What was the court’s decision in the Terry v. Ohio 392 U.S. 1 (1968) decision, and why is it relevant here?
10) What three facts did the majority cite in the Glover case to show the officer’s “commonsense inference”?
11) The majority on page 9 emphasize the “narrow scope” of the opinion. What is the relevance of the “narrow scope”?
12: Justice Kagan and Justice Ginsburg wrote a “concurring” opinion. What is a “concurring” opinion?
13) What was the point of this concurring opinion?
14) Who wrote the dissenting opinion? Who joined in?
15) Justice Sotomayor wrote the following: “The Fourth Amendment permits “brief investigatory” vehicle stops, United States v. Cortez, 449 U. S. 411, 417 (1981), on “facts that do not constitute probable cause,” In your opinion, is it a good thing that the bar is lower to stop a vehicle than it is to search a house?
16) On page 3 of her dissent Justice Sotomayor writes this: “Finally, a stop must be individualized—that is, based on “a suspicion that the particular [subject] being stopped is engaged in wrongdoing.” Cortez, 449 U. S., at 418; Prado Navarette v. California, 572 U. S. 393, 396–397 (2014). “ What is her point?
17) On page 8 of her dissent she writes the following: “Moreover, the majority’s distinction between revocation and suspension may not hold up in other jurisdictions.” What is her point?
18) Do you agree with the majority opinion, the concurring opinion or the dissent? Explain.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers