Social Media and Policy Implementation Law Enforcement Paper Law Enforcement Organizations are facing a tremendous problem with social media. On one hand, social media such as Facebook, My Space, and Twitter can be extremely useful for effective and efficient communication. On the other hand, Law Enforcement Executives are constantly facing situations in which employee misconduct is occurring through social media. Police Officers are accessing social media from their workstations and patrol cars during their shifts. Police Officers are posting information that is unbecoming for an officer as well as degrading and disrespectful to the profession. Police Unions and Police Officer Organizations such as the Fraternal Order of Police and the PBA are opposed to departmental policies that infringe on police officers’ constitutional rights. How do law enforcement organizations regulate the use of social media? Just about every major law enforcement organization has a Facebook account associated with the organization’s website. Therefore, should law enforcement organizations regulate individual officer’s social media activity? As the policy manager for your law enforcement organization, please research the best practices related to the regulation of police officers use of social media and develop a department policy. This research should include interviews with your local law enforcement leaders to determine how they are addressing this issue. In addition, please read the “Social Media” study conducted by the International Association of Chiefs of Police; it can be found in the Reading & Study Week 4A: DB4 : The Congress
1. Should Congress pass more laws or less laws than it does currently?
2. Who do you trust most to get things done: Congress, President, Supreme Court, or
3. What are some strategies involved in redistricting?
Week 4B: DB4: 7: The Federal Courts
1. What is the most important factor in the Supreme Court’s rise to prominence?
2. How much should we decide through voting vs. through Constitutional principle?
3. Should judges ever be elected?
Week 5A: DB5A: The Presidency
After watching the Lecture Video, respond to the following.
1. What are the pros and cons of the modern presidency?
2. What is the most important extra-constitutional source of power for the President?
3. How often should the president take public opinion into consideration when making
Week 5B: DB5B: 6 : The Bureaucracy
1. What method of choosing bureaucrats was the most democratically responsive?
2. How do we deal with the expanding size of executive government (a world-wide problem)?
Week 7: DB9: Interest Groups
1. What potential value do Interest Groups hold in a democracy?
2. What is the perceived danger from Interest Groups?
3. What makes an Interest Group powerful?
4. In your opinion, is the current landscape good or bad overall?
Week 8: DB8: Political Parties and Campaigns
1. Which is better a Two-Party System or a Multi-Party System? What are the relative strengths
and weaknesses of both?
2. How would American Politics look without Parties?
3. How can we best limit the amount of money spent on campaigns… or should we?
4. How are Primary Elections different than the General Election?
Week 9A; DB10: Public Opinion
1. How often should leaders listen to public opinion when making decisions?
2. Should it be different depending on what office (President, Senator, etc.)?
3. Is the media biased? And if so, in what way?
Week 9B: DB11: The Media
1. Do you think citizens see mostly news they need to be informed citizens, or is much of it just
2. Who is to blame for the nature of the news media? The people who watch or the media
3. In your opinion in what way is American Media biased overall?
Week 10: DB12: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
1. When is it okay to break the law?
2. What freedoms are you willing to give up for the sake of security?
Week 11A: DB13: Domestic Policy
Policy refers to the way laws and the execution of those laws impact our lives. Pick one
particular domestic policy (healthcare, welfare, taxation, etc.) and:
1. Discuss the different ways the 3 branches of government impact the way policy works.
2. Are there times when the laws say one thing, but based on enforcement, policy overall might
3. How much of your success in life is based on your own efforts (as opposed to luck, parents,
and other things outside your control)?
4. How rich should we allow people to be? How poor?
Week 11B: DB14: Foreign Policy
1. What does it mean that most nations in the world are Liberal Democratic Capitalist nations?
2. Is Isolationism a possible foreign policy in our Globalized world?
3. Will future threats most likely come from Nations or from Sub-national Groups?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers