Colonial Women and Bacon Rebellion Questions – Colonial Women
Do you know the answers to these questions?
America’s Women Chapter 1:
1. What was the difference between English women first coming to America and their Native counterparts?
2. How does Collins portray Pocahontas?
3. What were the experiences of the women who first came to America? Why did they come?
a. Would you have been enticed with those perks?
4. What role did the government have in encouraging settlement?
5. What did you think of indentured servants? Could that be a good life?
6. What types of jobs did colonial women do? Were these “female” jobs?
7. Collins says “virtually all the colonial women wanted to marry” – why? (12)
8. Why would they want to get out of their marriages?
9. Why were there so many widows? What were people dying of? How could widowhood be beneficial?
10. What types of opportunities were there for black women?
11. What did you think of the part on 19 about legislators giving masters “free rein to molest their female slaves?”
12. Why would frontier wives be so nervous about Indians (seen through Bacon’s Rebellion)?
13. When you look at how women were involved in Bacon’s rebellion, does it change your understanding of how women acted at the time?
America’s Women Chapter 2:
14. How does Collins describe the way the women acted in New England?
15. Why were things different in New England than in the Southern Colonies?
16. Was women’s work different in New England? If so how?
17. Why is Anne Hutchinson Important?
18. How did Quakers view women and their place in society? Why would Puritans be threatened by that?
19. How did King Philip’s War (Metacom’s War) affect New England women (Indian and white)?
20. Why was the witch scare only in Mass or Connecticut? Any ideas?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers