Calculation of Project Cash Flows Memo Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the student to calculate the project cash flow using net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), and the payback methods.
VERY IMPORTANT – TWO SUBMISSIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
Step 1 – (Submit as a WORD document in APA format)
Create a memo to management. Memo must include the four main headings (To, From, Date & Subject). Word has templates that you can download. Use a business or professional template. Your outline for your paper should look similar to the following:
· Internal Rate of Return (include description of method, advantages & disadvantages)
· Net Present Value (include description of method, advantages & disadvantages)
· Payback Method (include description of method, advantages & disadvantages)
Each point above should be a paragraph containing 4-5 sentences, with the exception of the references page. There are required references for each assignment. Those are given to you below. So, all you need to do is copy, paste and then proceed to double-space, alphabetize and format into a hanging indent. You should not need to use other references. But if you do, format those using the Reference and Citation Generator Tool (see link below).
Minimum required references include your textbook. The textbook reference is as follows:
Ross, S., Westerfield, R., Jaffe, J. & Jordan, B. (2016). Corporate finance (11th edition). New York, N.Y. McGraw-Hill Education.
Step 2 – (Submit as an EXCEL spreadsheet)
Calculate the following time value of money problems. The calculations must be done in Excel. You must show your work. If you submit these in Word, you will not receive credit. If you do not show your work, you will not receive credit. Examples are provided above for review prior to starting this assignment. FOLLOW MY EXAMPLES!
1. If you want to accumulate $500,000 in 20 years, how much do you need to deposit today that pays an interest rate of 15%?
2. What is the future value if you plan to invest $200,000 for 5 years and the interest rate is 5%?
3. What is the interest rate for an initial investment of $100,000 to grow to $300,000 in 10 years?
4. If your company purchases an annuity that will pay $50,000/year for 10 years at a 11% discount rate, what is the value of the annuity on the purchase date if the first annuity payment is made on the date of purchase?
5. What is the rate of return required to accumulate $400,000 if you invest $10,000 per year for 20 years. Assume all payments are made at the end of the period.
6. See table below. What is the project cash flow generated for Project A and Project B using the NPV method? Which would you choose and why? Assume a 10% discount rate.
7. See table below. What is the payback period for Project A and Project B using the payback method? Which would you choose and why?
Sample Template for Project A and Project B:
“Table showing investments and returns for Project A and Project B. Project A has $10,000 initial investment with $5,000 returns in each of the first 3 years. Project B has $55,000 initial investment with $20,000 in each of the first 3 years.”
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers