Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Use the “Song FormInformation” sheet under course content to complete this assignment.
Part I. Definitions
1. This section of music can only occur at the very beginning of a song.
2. This section of music occurs several times during a song, but almost always has the same music and lyrics
3. What would you call a section of music that occurs after a chorus and before the next verse and features a guitar playing melodic material while the drums and bass also continue to play?
4. This song form term means “tail.”
5. This is a section has a change of mood. It has different music and lyrics than both the verse and the chorus, and often occurs after the second chorus of a song.
6. This is the section of a song that decreases in volume until it is no longer audible.
7. These sections of a song have the same melody but different lyrics each time they appear.
8. This section builds momentum from the verse to the chorus:
Part II. Song Analysis
Listen to the song “Tennessee Waltz” by Cowboy Copas and answer the following questions.
1. Would you classify this song as R&B, C&W, or pop? Why?
2. Is the lead singer a crooner or shouter? Why?
3. In your own words, what are the lyrics of the song about? Give a reasonable amount of detail.
Listen to the song “Hound Dog” and answer the following questions.
4. Would you classify this song as R&B, C&W, or pop? Why?
5. Is the lead singer a crooner or shouter? Why?
6. In your own words, what are the lyrics of the song about? Give a reasonable amount of detail.
Listen to the song “Rockin’ Daddy” and answer the following questions.
7. Would you classify this song as R&B, C&W, or pop? Why?
8 Is the lead singer a crooner or shouter? Why?
9. In your own words, what are the lyrics of the song about? Give a reasonable amount of detail.
Listen to the song “Honky Tonk Blues” and answer the following questions.
10. Would you classify this song as R&B, C&W, or pop? Why?
11. Is the lead singer a crooner or shouter? Why?
12. In your own words, what are the lyrics of the song about? Give a reasonable amount of detail.
Part III. Listening Analysis: Song form
Listen to the song “Hound Dog” by Big Mama Thorton and label the sections of the song form that begin around the following times.
2:43 Coda…..vocal, dog barks, vocal comments
Listen to the song “All Of Me” by John Legend and label the sections of the song form that begin around the following times.
14. 0:00 – 0:16 ___________
15. 0:16 – 0:47 ___________
0:47 – 1:01 PreChorus
16. 1:01 – 1:47 ____________
17. 1:47 – 2:19 ____________
18. 2:19 – 2:32 _____________
19. 2:32 – 3:17 ____________
20. 3:17 – 3:33 ____________
21. 3:33 – 4:35 ____________
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers