Do you understand the workings of health insurance in the United States? This assignment will give you an opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge acquired so far. Please respond to all of the questions below in a word document. Each correct and complete response is worth 20 points. Make sure to type the questions and the answers in order.
1. Why were the first health insurance organizations formed in America? What were the original driving factors? Describe the early growth of health insurance in the US.
2. Explain the theory of insurance, by specifically addressing the degree of risk aversion, the size of the potential loss, and the “wealth effect”.
3. What is meant by the “HMO Effect” versus “Favorable Selection” in managed care? Describe the evidence of an HMO Effect, and the evidence of Favorable Selection.
4. What are deductibles? Why are they so important in US health insurance models? How do changes in deductibles impact utilization and clinical decision-making.
5. Discuss the Utilization Management function in managed care, including Preadmission Certification and Concurrent Review of services.
6. Discuss the emerging role of Disease Management (DM) and Intensive Case Management in American managed care. How does DM actually work?
7. A key concept of health insurance is premium sensitivity. Describe the general process for premium computations in US healthcare insurance. Briefly explain employee premium sensitivity and how do employees typically respond to changes in health insurance premiums?
8. Describe the commonly used approaches to “underwriting” for healthcare services.
9. Do hospitals actually have “monopoly power” today? Why or why not?
10. Explain risk adjustment in the Affordable Care Act. How well does this approach work in your view?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers