• Check the syllabus for the quiz schedule (12 total, 2 dropped). They will cover the
material from our classes including the chapter readings and power points.
• Quizzes will be posted online (on HuskyCT) after class on Thursdays at 5 pm. You
will have from then until the following Tuesday at 12 noon to complete the quiz.
• You will receive 2 attempts for each quiz. Your highest grade will be taken. DO NOT
email me requesting additional attempts (This is why you need to use your 2 dropped
• All quizzes are open book, open note (this is why you need to take notes in class!)
but will be timed. You will need to be familiar with the chapter reading and class
material relevant for each quiz.
• Quizzes will be 10 questions each and you will have 12 minutes total. That is just
over 1 minute for each question! Use your time wisely- I will not reopen quizzes if
they timed out before you could finish.
= 100 points
Annotated Bibliography in APA Format:
• An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and documents. Each
citation is followed by a brief (usually about 150 words) descriptive and evaluative
paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the
relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.
• The purpose of this assignment is for you to begin the research process for your POI paper
and practice using APA format for citing your sources.
• Minimum of 3 academic sources (scholarly articles from journals, books, documentaries,
• Do NOT use non-scientific resources such as pop culture websites, blogs, etc.
• See syllabus for due date
= 50 points
Person of Interest Research Paper (POI):
• The point of this assignment is for you to not only explore a communication
disorder more thoroughly, but to also try to understand what it might be like to
live with that disorder.
• For this paper, pick a person of interest who has dealt with a communication
disorder- this can be someone well-known like Gabby Giffords, Helen Keller, King
George VI, and even Barbara Walters OR can be a more personal take if someone
close to you has been affected by a communication disorder.
• In FOUR PAGES, use a research paper format to explore the details of their
particular disorder, the struggles that accompany that disorder, and how they
have overcome those obstacles.
• Use APA format for citations. The References page does not count as one of your 4
required pages. No title page, abstract, or section headings required. Just focus on
using correct in-text citations and forming your references page.
• You must include a Title. “POI Paper” “Research Paper” etc. are NOT appropriate
• Include your name, date, class, and assignment on the upper left corner.
• You must have at least 3 academic sources (textbook, scholarly article, etc.)
Websites can be useful, but do not count as “academic” sources. Feel free to use
them for definitions, quotes, or statistics, but you still need 3 academic sources.
• 12-pt font (something traditional, nothing crazy)
• Double Spaced
• Submit ONLY as PDF or Word doc. DO NOT submit in Pages (MAC).
• This assignment will be submitted in stages. See syllabus for due date(s).
o Grading breakdown of drafts:
§ 1st draft (first 2 pages only) = 20 points
§ 2nd draft (draft of the whole paper- 4 pages) = 30 points
§ 3rd and LAST draft (complete, finished version) = 50 points
I will be grading for:
• Appropriate depiction of the disorder (sufficient description and details of
• Appropriate description of the POI’s experience
• Checks all requirements on checklist
• Overall organization and quality of writing
• Adherence to APA format
• Appropriate research/number of sources
= 100 points
• For this assignment, I want you to explore how what you’ve learned this semester
can help in your respective fields/majors.
• In 1 page, you may choose one of the following topics to write about:
o How the overall knowledge of communication disorders impacts your future
profession, field, or major.
o How a research in a particular disorder impacts your field.
o How a particular disorder has affected your field.
o If you can think of another application of knowledge from this class that
you’d like to explore, contact me in advance to discuss and receive
• Use APA format for citations. Outside citations are not necessary- this is a firstperson paper from your perspective. Only use sources if giving a statistic or fact, etc.
• Submit ONLY as PDF or Word doc.
= 80 points
• There will be two opportunities for extra credit this semester, each worth 5 points.
• Answer all the bonus questions correctly for the entire semester. Each week, I will
post a bonus question that will be based off of something I said in class. This will
not be something from your textbook. It could be an example or anecdote that I
shared, a personal story, etc. The point is that if you don’t come to class, you won’t
get the answer right.
• Participate in any research project within the Speech, Language, and Hearing
o You must provide documentation as proof of your participation. This
can be a copy of your consent form or a specific slip/receipt of
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers